GNUstep back: won't compile with art support

From: Sascha Erni, .rb
Subject: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:20:16 +0200

Hi there,

I can't compile the GNUstep backend with art support, successfully:

./configure --enable-graphics=art --with-name=art

will work, no errors, but "make" produces a lot of:

ftfont.m: In function `-[FTFontInfo initWithFontName:matrix:screenFont:]':
ftfont.m:721: error: structure has no member named `font'

and a lot more "structure has no member named 'font'". libart is installed, with devel packages. I run a CVS version of GNUstep, but the same error appears with the latest "stable" back version (0.9.2). Anybody got any idea where I can start searching for the problem, or rather, a solution? I haven't given a shot at a full "stable" re-install of GNUstep, but I remember that a few months back it still compiled just fine.

libart / libart_lgpl hasn't been updated on my system for a while, now. At least I didn't do it incidentially. ;) I did install GNOME 2.6, mind, which uses this library, too; but I wasn't notified GNOME needed a newer version of libart. Version of libart_lgpl is 2.3.16, according to the package management system it's the same version that has been on my computer for months.

Cheers,
-Sascha.rb
--
Sascha "nggalai" Erni, .rb