Eeeagh! I'm at my wits end.

From: Simon Stapleton
Subject: Eeeagh! I'm at my wits end.
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:42:14 +0200

Well, nearly...

I'm hacking on an old WO project with an eye to resurrecting it for a client, and as an Apple-supplied Objective-C WO is out of the question these days, I thought I'd invest the time in playing with gsweb. Now, my build of gdl2 on OSX is out of date and not currently building, so out came the trusty 9500, a quickish gentoo installation and a build of the all the relevant GNUstep stuff. Apart from an expected problem with gdl2 and key-value coding that stops eogenerator working, all was looking good...

...Until I built the app. Well, tried to run it, actually. Yes, it's that old

Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@some.bogus.org

problem again. Now, it's obviously not a problem with GNUstep per se, as other tools seem to work OK - eogenerator, for example.

I guess It's something to do with my makefiles and the frameworks I build all the components as, but it's got me stumped. Anyone have any ideas on what (other than a problem at the gnustep-base level) might be calling this?

+[NSProcessInfo load] is definitely being called before main(), and is getting the args quite happily

FWIW, I'm running gcc3.3.3 on a Gentoo PPC installation, Linux kernel 2.6.4, proc support built in. cvs snapshot taken about 4 days ago.

any help would be most appreciated.

Simon

--
PGP Key Id : 0x50D0698D