Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:19:06 +0900

Alexander Malmberg wrote:

"Sascha Erni, .rb" wrote:

One question remains, mind--libfreetype versions that art compiles just
fine with may become deprecated sooner or later. Is the art backend
still maintained?

Yes. The change in freetype must have been relatively recent; I last
updated two months ago. Anyway, as soon as I have a bit of spare time,
I'll update freetype again and make -art work with the most recent
versions.

I'm happy to hear that.

As noted previously, the interface and implementation of 2.1.8's cache subsystem
have been heavily changed; what I noticed were:

(1) The definition of the structure FTC_ImageTypeRec has been changed.
(2) The number and types of parameters of the function FTC_CMapCache_Lookup
   has been changed.  Surprisingly, the old declaration is still alive in
ftccmap.h, while the new declaration is given in ftcache.h. This implies
   we aren't allowed to use ftccmap.h, but then we miss the definition of
   FTC_CMAP_BY_ENCODING, and more.
(3) FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size has been abandoned and taken over by
   FTC_Manager_LookupSize.  They take parameters different in numbers and
   types.

So, woking with the current release version (2.1.8) could be a dirty job...

Cheers,
- Kazunobu Kuriyama