Re: [pkg-GNUstep-maintainers] Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: [pkg-GNUstep-maintainers] Re: GNUStep namespace pollution in Debian?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:15:16 -0400

    EH> In fact terminal could be used by virtual packages (For
    EH> example Terminal.app, xterm, kterm could provide terminal
    EH> virtual package) and /usr/bin/terminal could be used by debian
    EH> alternative.

Could be, but won't. There's already a virtual package to do that
('x-terminal-emulator').

Anyways, on the naming front, for Debian, let's do this:

      - GNUstep core packages (only!) are named 'gnustep-*'.
      - Application package are named 'appname.app', since that's a
        frequent term used in the *step world. (We often say
        So Debian package 'terminal' becomes 'terminal.app'.
      - Kits just keep their regular names, but with *-dev, *-dbg,
        etc. like other shared libraries.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou