window migrations

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: window migrations
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:33:29 +0200

Hello,

I notice this especially in PRICE, my own application.

I open an image and it opens correctly on the screen, I close it and open
another (or maybe the same) and it opens more towards the top of the screen,
continuing so the title bar disappears and this is annoying. Not every
windowmanager has a  "grab" option.
Alsom I did not intentionall code and window-positioning stuff so I wonder
what causes this.The same doesn't happen on OS-X (just a note)....

Riccardo

PS: right now I open the image window right with the size designed in gorm.
This sometimes is too large or too small. Resizing if it is too large
compared to the image is easy, but if some pixels more were needed to make
the scrollbars deactiavte? The problem is to know the dimension of the
screen and say the window should never automatically grow up to that extent
(or to a fraction of it). Is there a portable way?  One that respects the
Dock, the menus (this is true for both macosx and gnustep, even if the
positions are different).