Re: gnustep, wo4.5.1 co-exist?

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: gnustep, wo4.5.1 co-exist?
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:24:16 +0200

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:19:16AM +0200, d.ayers@inode.at wrote:

> > I'm not sure whether you just want to use both on the same machine or
> > have them interact.  Interaction between the two is pretty limited due
> > to compatibility issues.
>
> Actually I believe you may even have some issues by merely having them on
> the same machine.  Would you be planing to compile GNUstep with gcc from
> WO or do you want to install a second gcc (or even a second cygwin)?

If you use the windows installer of the GNUstep base.  (I know
it is MinGW instead of cygwin.)  There is no problem using
them next to each other.  If you use the mingw shell from the
GNUstep development menu it uses the right compiler etc.
For the rest you can just keep on using WO.
We do this all the time.

> > WO4.5 includes Foundation and and AppKit, so if you're using WO's
> gcc/cygwin you'll either only want -baseadd (the GNUstep Base additions as
> a support library for Foundation) or you need to have some way to
> on API.  Then
> you need to worry about path and include precedence.

No, should just work fine.

Wim Oudshoorn.