Re: patches for XInput support

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: patches for XInput support
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:42:17 +0700

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:24:55 -0500, Adrian Robert
<arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> > I tried this out and experienced nothing unusual.  I do have XInput
> > in my X
> > installation but no tablet or other device using it, as far as I know.

Thanks a lot for trying it.

> I spoke too soon.  Actually I found some problems (I have all
> GNUsteplibs up to current CVS, and am using xlib backend):

I'm going to remove my tablet to see problems. :(
The patch did generate 2 sets of events and I'm still trying
to filter unneccessary events properly. Drag'n'drop with tablet
device doesn't work too.

> - scroll wheel stops working on all apps, and causes some to segfault
>
> - dragging scrollbar, bar moves slowly, allowing pointer to go ahead
> of it
>
> - "standard" click (left on an RH mouse config) is misinterpreted by
> some apps

[...]

> Also, I get a lot of warnings compiling XGXI.m

Unimplemented methods(ss).

> Don't ask me how I missed all this before.  Anyway, if I can provide
> any other info (XF86Config mouse section, etc.), let me know.

Ok, thanks a lot. Let me try to clean it first but that would take a while.
--disable-xinput should work in case that you applied it to the current
local CVS tree and want to keep it.

To check out the testpressure util, try..

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gna.org:/cvs/garma login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gna.org:/cvs/garma co garma

will checkout the whole garma cvs tree.

(http://maliwan.sourceforge.net/HNY2005.png
a new shot showing opacity by pressure and also a happy new year
message for all.)

I am thinking of moving garma into gna's arch to match my local setting.
May be GNUstep can have one sync'ed with the CVS too? Has anyone tried Bazaar?
(http://bazaar.canonical.com/)