Re: NSTableView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSTableView
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:08:34 +0100

Marko Riedel wrote:

I am doing some maintenance work on some old code of mine that no longer
compiles. I discovered that NSTableView sometimes requests one row beyond
the number of rows returned by numberOfRowsInTableView: from its data
source. Everything works fine if I catch this and return nil from
objectValueForTableColumn:. Bug or feature? This is gnustep-gui-0.9.3.

If this happens, than it is a bug. Could you provide code and instructions to reproduce it? I did inspect the NSBrowser code to find a possible cause for this, but most the calls to [tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row:] seem to be protected by explicit checks or a call to rowAtPoint:. This would leave drawRow:clipRect: as a potential problem, but here we have this check in the calling drawRect:. No idea how this still could go wrong.

Cheers
Fred