Re: gnustep general impressions and possible bugs in PC, gorm, etc

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: gnustep general impressions and possible bugs in PC, gorm, etc
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:30:54 +0000

Le 28 janv. 05, à 22:24, Riccardo a écrit :

ProjectCenter:
--------------
I am very happy to see a lot of improvment in it since the last time! It crashes rarely but much more important it has now support for NSTypes and some other necessay things to build PRICE and so I am now migrating the project to this new release. Also I see that several of my suggestions of my alst time have been implemented. Still I have some notes.

- when using the "Project Editor" and leaving the other panels inside the project window (not tear-off) I cannot switch back from the "builder" or "launcher" back to the editor. I suppose clicking on an open file shoud do that or the thirt button in the toolbar which is inactive. Tearing off the build and launch panel makes the editor usable when "docked"

hm, I noticed the same behavior (just to confirm).

- the text editor has bugs. For example it can happen that when deleting characters with backspace at the beginning of a line, instead of teleting the new-line itself, the new line remains and the characters at teh end of the upper line are deleted (while the cursor remains in the lower line at the leftmost char). It maybe a gnustep bug instead of PC, but I cannot reporduce it in TextEdit for example.

Strange ! I guess that PC just use NSTextView..

- the editor is very "simple", a "go to line" funciton would ease debugging :)

yes, what would be nice would be to integrate CodeEditor in PC ..

TextEdit:
---------
- the "show ruler" has no effect at all

it's a GNUstep bug afaik.

overall the experience is good... although I tried to convince a friend to adopt GNUstep as his workspace and essentiaÚlly the main question was "but what applications do I run with it" and so we have again that ever-recurring issue.

eh, I convainced my friend at the lab.. the only problem is he needs C++ ... :-/

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke