Re: Look and Feel

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:53:03 -0500

Horizontal menus on the top border reduce the required accuracy of
mouse movement even further, because the size of the menu normal
to the required movement is typically bigger.

The biggest advantage I have seen in vertical menus is the fact that I can right click anywhere and have my menu there. I don't need to move at all. I see very little point (other than detachable menus) for actually having the menu present at all times.

I would really prefer to have the spring-loaded vertical menu contain the option for detaching / pinning temporarily instead of a permanent vertical menu.