Re: GNUstep live CD featured in slashdot

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GNUstep live CD featured in slashdot
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:39:00 +0100

In article <mailman.1274.1107844065.2841.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Randi Joseph <randi@codehalo.com> wrote:

> I am working on  a "system preferences" type system similar to that on
> mac os x.
> I work primarily on a FreeBSD system, but it should not be to difficult
> to do the rework for any *nix
>
> I will mininize talking until i have something to show....

Stop. Now. :-)

There's Preferences.app already. Then I wrote GSSystemPreferences.app a
while ago (which is supposed to be compatible with MacOS X's .prefPane,
but should also accept Preferences.app-style .prefsModule bundles). And
I think Quentin Mathe has also worked on something similar.

It might be more effective to look at the existing ones and add your
ideas to one of those.

Just my $0.02
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de