compatibility between NSKeyedArchiver in GNUstep and OS X

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: compatibility between NSKeyedArchiver in GNUstep and OS X
Date: 15 Feb 2005 20:06:48 GMT

Both OS X and GNUstep implement NSKeyedArchiver, which for reference
allows a graph of objects to be archived.

Are the implementations compatibile?

That is, if i use NSKeyedArchiver to  archive some data to a file,
will the same NSKeyedUnarchiver code i use to read it work for
both OS X  and GNUstep?

(I ask because i don't want to trap my data in some non-portable
form.)

Thanks in advance for any info from anybody.

dan