Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: GWorkspace's Tabbed Shelf
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:25:08 +0100

On 2005-02-17 13:15:46 +0000 Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

> Is somebody using the tabbed shelf? If not I'm going to remove it because it
> duplicates the features of the Fiend (the GW fiend, I mean) and, moreover, it
> can't work well with Camaelon because it uses some NSImages to draw the tabs.

Not only that but the whole tabbed sheld concept, while having its share of
supporters, is IMHO doomed to be out fo place in just about every integrated
environment that I can imagine. Making it work properly in what regards window
maximazing, appicons and minimized windows, etc, is no small task.

So, for me, take it out :) I never did like the look of the OpenStep version
anyway :)

cheers,

fsmunoz
--