Re: file annotations

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: file annotations
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:07:26 +0200

On 2005-02-23 15:27:28 +0200 Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

On 2005-02-22 11:48:46 -0500 Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

Now you can. Let me know if it works. (and remember to kill the ddbd process,

Thanks Enrico, it works. However, I find that the search function only
works well when there are a limited number of files and subdirs. With
large directories with lots of files and subdirs, I am getting a " too
many open files" error and sometimes the system locks up. I have to
increase the file-max substantially in order to solve this problem. I
do not have to do this with other search tools.

I need more info; does this happen only if you search in the file annotations
or always? does this happen with the finder or with the lsfoldes?

Also, is it possible to add a "do not recurse" option to the finder?

Thanks,
Charles