Re: Licensing Issues

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Licensing Issues
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 02:50:39 +0100

On 26. Feb 2005, at 16:27 Uhr, Alexander Malmberg wrote:
Well, you're encouraged to assign copyright to the FSF for GNU projects, but it's not required. See:

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/? group_id=5802&question=What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt

(last paragraph)

Again, GNUstep policy is that changes should have their copyrights assigned to the FSF, but there are parts of GNUstep that, as far as I know, have not had their copyrights assigned to the FSF (e.g. the parts of wraster included in -back).

My ANTLR code is another example for this, though the dependency seems to be removed now. GNUstep commits currently do not seem to get checked at all for copyright issues (aka the policy is ignored ...).

Some of the exceptional copyright notices might be simple oversights, but this must be checked carefully before changing them.

Definitely!

Greets,
  Helge
--