Re: GNUstep - Windows GUI ? - Futher Explanation

From: Peter Fisla
Subject: Re: GNUstep - Windows GUI ? - Futher Explanation
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:04:41 -0500

"Peter Fisla" <pfisla@rogers.com> wrote in message
aYqdncRFfs-t6IPfRVn-ug@rogers.com">news:aYqdncRFfs-t6IPfRVn-ug@rogers.com...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for a stupid question; I just installed the
> GNUstep-base-1.10.1-gui-0.9.4.exe and I'm trying
> to figure out how to run the NeXTSTEP interface ? Can anyone tell me how I
> can do that ?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Peter

First of all thanks Tom, Alex and Jason responding to my post.  I guess I was
pretty bad with the short version
so let me try with the long one:

1) I red an article on www.slashdot.org here is the link

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/06/1827244&tid=94&tid=117&tid=3

    about status of GNUstep and I watched the following demostration of
application builder in action:
    http://www.gnustep.org/experience/DevelopmentDemonstration.html

2) I then went on www.gnustep.org and I saw the following:

    " Feb 23: GNUstep Windows installer now includes complete core packages
(GUI)! "

    So what excactly does this "GUI" thing means in the sentence above ?

3) I thought that by downloading the Windows installer I would be able to
install GNUstep base as well graphics
    interface (desktop) and basically simulater running some services of
NeXTSTEP including graphics interface.

Thanks Tom, I will check out http://www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace/

Peter