Re: Command Key on Windows/Solaris

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Command Key on Windows/Solaris
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:23:40 +0200

Hi Adrian,

How can we define which key on the keyboard should work as the Command key? We also try to get this figured out for a Sun Solaris machine. The Sun keyboards has no Apple and no Windows-Key but even another weird one between Alt and Space. We would like to use that as the Command key under Solaris.

Do you have a working "defaults" command installed with GNUstep on Windows?

Yes, however

        defaults read NSGlobalDomain

returns nothing (no defaults set).

If so, first try the procedures at

 http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/Gui/KeyboardSetup.html

I tried

        defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFirstCommandKey Alt_L

Unfortunately this did not help. Alt-q etc. is still not working. Shouldn't it work now?

(also see the bottom of http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Back/General/ DefaultsSummary.html)

This document is no longer available!?

If that doesn't work, let us know..

Here I am! :-)