Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:28:46 +0100

Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote: [...]
> > Why have you rudely moved this to the discuss-gnustep list?
> Rudely??  Was it ever on any other list?  If you know of a better list, please
> suggest one before you go off accusing people of deliberately being rude.

It was off-list correspondence posted out-of-context to the list.
Along with the accusations of not having read things when they
haven't actually been posted, I think that's rude. Don't you?

Sheesh, tell CMS fans that you like editing text in a text editor
instead of a web browser and watch them go off the deep.

Focus on the real questions yourself. This whole "CMS or not,
my CMS is better than yours" debate is totally besides the point.

Questions of "who will maintain this" have been totally ignored,
as far as I've noticed. No-one steps up to the plate like Scott
and co. did to make the last site. Do we want another GSApps?
That site could be so great, but it's unmaintained. We can't
even update the template to look like the main site, AFAICT.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/