Re: Debian updates and GNUStep

From: Maarten Sander
Subject: Re: Debian updates and GNUStep
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:11:35 +0200

On 2005-08-14 11:00:04 +0200 Gerold Rupprecht <geroldr@bluewin.ch> wrote:

The result of launching from a terminal was as follows:

gerold@linux:~$ openapp GNUMail.app
bash: gerold@linux:~$: command not found
gerold@linux:~$
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Applications/GNUMail.app/GNUMail: relocation
error:
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back:
undefined symbol: FTC_Manager_Lookup_Size

I believe this is a problem with the current version (2.1.10 I believe) of FreeType in Debian. The easy solution is to downgrade to a version that still works, for example 2.1.7. Not a pretty solution, I know, but it works.

HTH,
Maarten

--
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
    - Clifford Stoll