Re: Widget rendering in GNUstep

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Widget rendering in GNUstep
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:08:50 +1000

> Excellent.  If nothing else, I can at least somewhat get them to read
> based on that.  Next question: Is each window rendered using a
> different window class, or is each application given, as far as
> Windows can tell, a single window with a non-helpful class name such
> as "GNUSTEP"?  In the case of the former, I can actually "train" the
> technology I use to recognize NSButtons as "buttons", etc.  The
> latter ... is workable, but not for the uninitiated.

Each top-level window is rendered with the same window class. The
widgets don't conform to MS Window's concept of a "window", that is,
they rendered onto the top-level window as a pixel map. In no way to
they correspond to the window class concept that each widget in the
normal Win32 API corresponds to.

I might take a look into in and see what is involved.

Cheers

--
Christopher Armstrong <quineska AT__ gamebox DOT net >