Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?
Date: 17 Sep 2005 10:27:50 GMT

Christopher Armstrong <address@ishidden.com> wrote:
> archives for the mailing lists [...]
> For example, I click on "Developers" but it's not in there.

Added as a direct link. Thanks for the suggestion.

> I click on user guides, but not there again. [...]

Mailing lists have been linked from there for at least 11 months.

> And shouldn't Gorm/ProjectCenter be listed under "Developers"?

They are. I've retitled the index link to make it more obvious.
Should appear once the site rebuilds.

> [...] The news way of locating them is
> error-prone, and we seriously risk losing people's attention who may or
> may not be interested in the gnustep project.

I know. That's why the site is being restructured, but it's evolution
not revolution. Every so often, someone posts grand ideas to discuss,
which usually ignores some practicality, so has little effect
eventually. Meanwhile, webmasters-gnustep keep plodding on in our
spare time, slowly fixing and improving things. Sorry if it takes
too long for you. More _help_ welcome, in my opinion.

--
MJR/slef