Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:10:14 +1100

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 05:14 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> It would be nice if someone could find a copy of libxml2 for windows
> which would work with GNUstep ... then we could add instructions for
> using it to the documentation in the gnustep-make package, so that
> windows users could have xml parsing support in gnustep, but at the
> moment I don't know how to get any version of libxml2 for windows to
> link/work with the base library.

I think have solved this one, and I have got libxml2 to compile (just
that GNUstep can't seem to find libxslt when I compile that). From what
I can remember, it seems that libiconv2 does not export all the required
symbols (at least not the binary versions used in our redistributables).
You seem to just need to regenerate the .a file

Okay, I think this is what I did (looking at my bash history from some
months ago).

Download latest libxml2 SOURCE, decompress.

cd /mingw/lib
mkdir backup-libiconv
mv libiconv.la backup-libiconv
mv libiconv.lib backup-libiconv
dlltool -D libiconv-2.dll -C -l libiconv.lib --export-all-symbols
-A ../bin/libiconv-2.dll

Now try compiling libxml2 and then gnustep-base (although gnustep-base
wants libxslt as well).

Now libxml2 should compile. The -A switch is the clincher; the @nn
stdcall aliases is what throws gcc. This seems to get the thing to
compile, but note, I haven't tried this for a while. libxslt seems to
compile as well, but I couldn't get gnustep-base to find it.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
Chris

--
Christopher Armstrong <carmstrong at fastmail dot com dot au>