Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSKeyedUnarchiver
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 05:14:28 +0000

On 9 Jan 2006, at 02:44, Parrish Myers wrote:

Can someone please help... this doesn't make sense:

The following code should print the NSMutableArray twice... but only does once... the NSKeyedUnarchiver doesn't seem to work on windows...

This is because the archive is in XML property list format and your copy of the base library is built without XML support. I have updated the code in CVS to use binary format archives by default. This is what it should have been doing anyway, but at the point when the keyed archive code was written the binary format property list support had not been done, so it used XML format by default. Anyway, the change should get your program working (it did for me).

It would be nice if someone could find a copy of libxml2 for windows which would work with GNUstep ... then we could add instructions for using it to the documentation in the gnustep-make package, so that windows users could have xml parsing support in gnustep, but at the moment I don't know how to get any version of libxml2 for windows to link/work with the base library.