Re: GNUStep FreeBSD 6.0

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: GNUStep FreeBSD 6.0
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:54:01 +1100

I was looking into using FreeBSD for a while, getting tired of Ubuntu's
instability (it could lock up compiling the kernel). I remember
compiling gnustep inside a emulator, and had no major issues. I was
using the ports collection, but as suggested, I would recommend doing it
the long way, as FreeBSD wanted to recompile gcc (I used a hack to get
around it, but I forget what it is now). I've since given up on FreeBSD
and switched back to Debian unstable, as I can't stand rpm and BSD's USB
stack seriously hate's my hardware.

Things are now back to normal (thankfully).

Chris

--
Christopher Armstrong <carmstrong at fastmail dot com dot au>