Re: plists from the commandline

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: plists from the commandline
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:54:48 +0100

On 1/17/06, Dennis Leeuw <dleeuw@made-it.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am struggeling with plists. It would be nice if 'controller' could use
> plists to find out everything there is to know about a certain installed
> piece of software. But I do not understand how I can access e.g. the
> Info-gnustep.plist. There seems to be no way I can feed defaults with a
> file. Is this correct or am I missing something?

I'm not exactly sure I understand your problem, but yes, you can
"feed" a plist file to a tool or program and read it's content to
retrieve a particular key/value.

Not on my laptop here at work, but I got the source for a tool that
does exactly that at home. If you're interested, I'll send it to you
tomorrow morning.

--
Chris