Re: Two issues about filesystem layout

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Two issues about filesystem layout
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:20:35 +0100

On 1/31/06, Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@operatelecom.com> wrote:
> > Nope. /ApplicationSupport/ ist GNUstep, /Application Support/ is OSX.
> In which case ... ehm, well, we'll probably go for ApplicationSupport. :-)

Then we _might_ have problems in case of ported applications if they
use hard-coded directory names. Well, not really problems, but we
might get two directories with the same 'functionality.'

> By the way, what are you supposed to install in 'Application Support' ?
[...]

In case of Pixen, it stores background images. Personally, I use it to
store preferences and other application related stuff.

--
Chris