Re: Two issues about filesystem layout

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Two issues about filesystem layout
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:17:12 +0100

Chris B. Vetter schrieb:
> On 1/31/06, Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@operatelecom.com> wrote:
>
>>>Nope. /ApplicationSupport/ ist GNUstep, /Application Support/ is OSX.
>>
>>In which case ... ehm, well, we'll probably go for ApplicationSupport. :-)
>

> Then we _might_ have problems in case of ported applications if they
> use hard-coded directory names. Well, not really problems, but we
> might get two directories with the same 'functionality.'

Indeed, but the counter argument is that using hard-coded directory
names is a bug, just like any other.  This becomes particularly apparent
whenever such directory names get localized (as some wide spread
proprietary operating systems actually do).

IMO, I think the 'make' issue is probably a good reason to keep our
current scheme.

Cheers,
David