Re: font_cacher problem

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: font_cacher problem
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:06:31 -0700

On Feb 2, 2006, at 6:14 AM, Andreas Höschler wrote:

Hello all,

I have problmes with the art backend. The rows in teh tableview of a popped up combo box are not drawn correctly. I therefore switched back to xlib. On my Solaris 10 SPARC machine thi ssolved the problem. However,on a Solaris 10 AMD machine, starting the appliction complains about the font cahce not being availabe. It tries to create it and dies withthe following error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  17 (X_GetAtomName)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  71

font_cacher often triggers bugs in the X server or even causes it to crash when it tries to look at all the fonts in the system. You might want to set GSFontMask to limit the fonts looked at. See

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/ userfaq_1.html#SEC29