NSButton in view loop question

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: NSButton in view loop question
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:38:01 +0100

Hello,

I want to create a user interface that allows the user to trigger button action with they keyboard. I have the following view loop.

        -> NSTextField --> NSComboBox --> GSButton --
        <--------------------------------------------------------------<

setup with setNextKeyView:. GSButton is a subclass of NSButton with

- (BOOL)acceptsFirstResponder
{
   return YES;
}

- (BOOL)becomeFirstResponder
{
   return YES;
}

But the button never gets first responder status when I tab through the view loop!? I want the user to be able to tab from the combo box to the button and then press return to trigger the action. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Regards,

  Andreas