Re: Example for bitmap drawing

From: Jamie Ramone
Subject: Re: Example for bitmap drawing
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:19:15 -0300

On 2/17/06, Stefan Urbanek <stefan@agentfarms.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Does anyone have a primitive working example for drawing a TIFF image? I want
> use standard drawing methods, such as NSBezierPath.
>
> I suppose there should be some combination of NSBitmapImageRep and
> NSGraphicsContext... But how? Is there any application doing that so I can
> look
> at the code?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
>
> Stefan Urbanek
> --
> http://stefan.agentfarms.net
>
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
> you win.
> - Mahatma Gandhi

Try this:

- (void) someMethodToSaveView: (NSView *) view toTIFF: (NSString *) path
{
        NSBitmapImageRep        * rep = [NSBitmapImageRep alloc];
        NSImage                 * image = [NSImage alloc];
        NSFileHandle            * file;

        [view lockFocus];
        [rep initWithFocusedViewRect: [view frame]];
        [view unlockFocus];
        [image initWithSize: [view frame].size];
        [image addRepresentation: rep];
        RELEASE (rep);
        file = [NSFileHandle fileHandleForWritingAtPath: path];
        [file writeData: [image TIFFRepresentation]];
        RELEASE (image);
};

--
Besos, abrazos, confeti y aplausos.