Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed)

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:48:38 +0100

On 20.2.2006, at 15:04, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

On 19/02/06, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Stefan Urbanek wrote:

The output is:

<snip>

What does "unable to set blocking mode - An invalid argument was supplied." mean
and why EPS data length is zero?

Sorry this is a wild guess, but the output you are getting suggests that no default printer has been set up for your GNUstep environment and when doing so, something goes wrong and this later stops the EPS output from
working.

You may claim now, that EPS output should not depend on a printer
setting and this could true. I would not be surprised to learn that in
the GNUstep printing environment this is after all the case.

Could you first try to sort out the printer problem and then try again?

How? (under MS Windows) Can you point me to some documentation? Google
is not very helpful for that :-(

Excuse me for replying to my own post, but ... does anyone know how to sett-up any, even null printing environment under MS Windows so it would be possible to produce EPS output from a NS View?

I received no hints so far :-/

Thanks,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi