Re: Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:42:39 +0000

On 26 Feb 2006, at 07:48, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Excuse me for replying to my own post, but ... does anyone know how to sett-up any, even null printing environment under MS Windows so it would be possible to produce EPS output from a NS View?

I received no hints so far :-/

I don't know/understand the print system ... but the current code in svn has a few fixes I put in last week ... and I know that with that code print to file works to produce files containing what looks (on casual viewing) like good postscript. I haven't tried feeding the file to a printer or postscript viewer on windows though ... I don't have such a printer and haven't taken the effort to locate/install or learn how to use a postscript viewer under windows.

Basically the fixes were to write to file under windows, to set up default printer and save the default setup, to avoid some unnecessary warnings, and to catch exceptions where the postscript viewer program is not found (just stops apps crashing when there is no viewer).