Re: operator overloading

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: operator overloading
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:27:06 +0100

On 07.03.2006, at 21:49, Marko Riedel wrote:
[...]
Operator overloading is not supported by ObjC, although it would be
very helpful in some situations, e.g. when writing complex maths
code. Instead of fiddling with GCC internals I would rather use the C
preprocessor, though (even if this is far from elegant...).

Can you give an example of using the C preprocessor to achieve infix
operator overloading?

Nope, sorry, I am afraid I didn't exactly investigate... I just meant that before I would dig into gcc internals I would try to use the preprocessor (if and only if using methods is no option at all!).

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip