Re: operator overloading

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: operator overloading
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:48:40 +0100

Hi,

On 06.03.2006, at 12:27, Marko Riedel wrote:
Hi folks,

here is a question for you GNUstep wizards out there. Can anyone suggest how best to simulate operator overloading, which is missing from Objective C? I would like to overload operators such as "add" or "multiply." Can I ask GCC to output its parse tree and then try to add overloading manually?

Operator overloading is not supported by ObjC, although it would be very helpful in some situations, e.g. when writing complex maths code. Instead of fiddling with GCC internals I would rather use the C preprocessor, though (even if this is far from elegant...).

BTW is there a tutorial on how to load classes at runtime (sorry if this
is a very basic question).

The NSBundle documentation... or do you mean using the runtime directly???

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip