Re: GSNews a Gnustep newsreader.. but gorm wont work..

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: GSNews a Gnustep newsreader.. but gorm wont work..
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:07:44 +0100

Quoting Anurodh Pokharel <anurodhp@SPAM.users.sf.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I posted earlier that I've been trying to port  a cocoa application I
> wrote called OSXnews  ( http://osxnews.sf.net ), the good news is that to
> my delight, gnustep is compatible enough with Cocoa that I was able to
> remove the Webcore component and the whole thing compiled (though with a
> ton of warnings)
> Unfortunately, there is no GUI. I can't for the life of me get gorm to
> work. This has to be one of the most frustrating things i've ever  used (
> i am using .9.2 off ubuntu linux) .

Gorm 0.9.2? That release is over a year old (released Feb 28 2005) - seems
Ubuntu has some really outdated packages in it's repositories.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/osxnews/OSXnews2/DrawerList.h?rev=1.15&view=markup

> -Anu

I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to checkout the CVS, or take a look through the Web
CVS interface, every attempt timed out (tried it from three different locations)
- seems SourceForge.net's CVS system is totally overloaded. Anyhow, I guess your
problems lie in out-dated packages. What version of nib2gmodel and GNUstep
libraries do you have installed? I suggest you upgrade to the latest stable
releases of both.

--
Saso