Re: Can't set background in GWorkspace

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Can't set background in GWorkspace
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 02:24:11 +0300

On 2006-09-29 18:32:20 +0300 Dan Debertin <debertin@gmail.com> wrote:

[[ Replying to self... ]]

Dan Debertin <debertin <at> gmail.com> writes:

I did try the art backend, and the background image seems
to work. It appears to be faster as well. But the color is simply AWFUL!.
Everything is a weird shade of orange...
I'd be happy to just ditch xlib and use art, if the color problem is fixable.

Woops! Sorry, please replace all occurrences of 'art' with 'cairo'.
-Dan
debertin@gmail.com

I think that the cairo backend is not ready yet. Try art; it is the best
option, for the moment. You need only to:

./configure --enable-graphics=art --with-name=art
make ; make install

and then

defauts write NSGlobalDomain GSBackend libgnustep-art