Re: Library, Bundle or ...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Library, Bundle or ...
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:42:37 +0100

On 1/5/07, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
[...]
I think it would be nice for those widgets to be usable from other
applications. What should I do to make that possible, in a good
GNUstep way ? Build a Library ?

Depends. If it's any good, it doesn't really matter which one you
pick. People will use it anyway, if they find it useful.

What is a Bundle exactly ?

See the explanation at http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Category:Bundles :

A bundle is a structured directory tree in which the executables and
resources of a product are packaged as a single entity.

Technically, that makes an application or a framework a bundle as well.

The way I see it, a bundle is (somewhat) similar to a plug-in, adding
functionality to an application at runtime.
Contrary to a library, an application is linked against.

Sorry for the (probably) dumb questions and thank for any answer,

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers ;-)

--
Chris