Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 03:07:59 +0100

On Jan 22, 2007, at 09:03, hns@computer.org wrote:
Please look at http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2007 what is
still needed and provide support!

Not having a lot of time, just a few notes.
- Stand Overview
  - do you have a banner?
  - you have *one* desk, the other desk is OpenGroupware.org (though we
    certainly don't mind mixing things ;-)
- merchandise
  - its unusual to take $$ for give-aways, unless its really cool
  - do you have organized any merchandise?
    - if not, you might want to drop the task from the wiki or put it
      down as nice-to-have
- demos
  - who provides the hardware, do you already have organized that?
    - looks like a wishlist which you didn't discuss with anyone
    - most people in the past brought Macs
      - Nicolas had the coolest demos, I don't even know whether he
        comes to FOSDEM?
  - BTW: there is FOSDEM insurance for hardware, you just need to apply
- books
  - don't get the point
- posters
  - who provides them? Looks like you just put up some ideas w/o having
    someone taking care
- questions
  - valuable devices: FOSDEM insurance
- payments: just do not take payments, who is supposed to organize that
  - request a dev room: well, I said its overkill from the beginning
  - additional presentation: would be cool.
  - booth tables: same like last year, for sure
  - ...

This Wiki page needs a serious cleanup to reflect reality, not wishful dreaming. IMHO.

Otherwise, I fear that our participation will more harm the public
impression of GNUstep than help.

I'm certainly quite angry on that kind of comment!!! :-/

The only other thing I would love to see completed is the attendence.

Helge
--
Helge Hess
http://www.helgehess.eu/