Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 4 weeks left!!!
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:14:03 +0000

On 1/28/07, Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:
Le 25 janv. 07 à 15:04, Nicolas Roard a écrit :
> I think we can reuse the banner we printed last year -- quentin have
> it I believe ? (at worse it wouldn't take much effort to print it
> again)

I still have this banner. I will bring it unless we decide to print a
new one.

Ok, that's cool. Well we might want to print a bigger one, if we have
the money ?

> I just checked and I have a dozen or so hard cover color leaflets from
> two years ago that richard printed; plus a bit of black/white ones.
> I'll bring them with me, but obviously it's not enough. Though it's
> frankly not a problem to print things even in Bruxelles if we need to.
> I think there's some booklets and leaflets left from last year too ?

I have few b&w leaflets of last year too.

good. Frankly I'm not sure it's worth investing a lot into
booklets/leaflets -- ok, they are nice, and people kinda like them,
particularly the color ones. But I don't think they had such a big
impact the previous years.. So well... We can print a few in addition
to what we already have (~12 or so color leaflets, probably ~30-40
black/white booklets), say 20-30 color booklets and 20-40 black and
white leaflets ?

imho what we should focus is the booth itself -- make it a place to be :)
-- demos on various stuff, live cd available and ready to be burnt or
purchased if we pre-burn a few, etc.

>> - demos
>>    - who provides the hardware, do you already have organized that?
>>      - looks like a wishlist which you didn't discuss with anyone
>>      - most people in the past brought Macs
>
> the devroom talks are interesting, but they are only really
> interesting if people outside of ourselves come to hear the talks :-)
>
> So we should really focus on booth demos I think.

I think so.

Ok, so we should try to see what kind of demo we could do on the
booth. I'm thinking:
- gnustep environment demonstration and/or étoilé
- gnustep programming -- basic stuff with gorm
- gnustep programming -- gdl2 + eomodel + gorm

> Ideally, we should have 3 machines *always* available on the stand --
> one running windows, one running some unix, one running OS X, and all
> with some gnustep apps.
>
> But that's only ideally :) -- I doubt we can have as much machines. So
> the first thing, before wishful thinking, is to know *what* hardware
> we can have.

I will come with a MacBook.

Cool, I added it to the wiki. Do you have parallels on it ? (eg can it
run windows/bsd/linux easily)

Note: I'm sure there's other people that can bring some hw !

So don't be shy :)

Also note that gerold will bring a big external lcd -- so if you have
a spare mac mini, bring it :)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Roard
"La perfection, ce n'est pas quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, c'est