Re: Symlinks from Tools to Applications

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Symlinks from Tools to Applications
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:25:31 +0100 (CET)

> I'm not saying that we shouldn't add library versioning on windows,
> only that it won't solve the problem on its own.  We need ...
>
> versioning of gnustep libraries

Done! :-)

> versioning of any libraries gnustep uses

Not sure how to deal with this, really.  Maybe MinGW/other stuff we use already
have a decent versioning system ?  We need to review it.

Else maybe we can package all the prerequisite DLLs into a single DLL and use
our
own versioning system to slash a version number on it ?

> versioning of resources used by the libraries

It will be good to do this, as we have the same problem on GNU/Linux, so solving
this is great on all platforms.  I'll look at that later ... maybe this weekend.

Thanks