European GNUstep Developer's Meeting

From: address@hidden
Subject: European GNUstep Developer's Meeting
Date: 7 May 2007 02:07:14 -0700

Hi all,

I think that I remember that during FOSDEM 2007 there came up the idea
to have a separate Developer's meeting between the FOSDEM events. And
it should be a GNUstep only meeting, so that we have enough time and
no conflicting talks/topics to discuss. I also remember that there was
a proposal for a Swiss Chalet to meet :-)

I think we already have a lot of interesting topics to dicuss:

* how to make/plan/verify new releases
* news on Cairo backend
* SimpleWebKit status, issues, missing parts in GNUstep Base and GUI
* Etoile
* how to attract new developers and users?
* organization for FOSDEM 2008 + participation in other OSS / Linux
events?
* how to handle ObjC-2.0 and new features of OS X 10.5?

What we need:

a) enough GSParticipants
b) a rough GSAgenda - formed  by proposals for Team Decisions and
Status Presentations about Subprojects
c) a nice, central GSLocation with conference room, flipchart and a
beamer, great food, but affordable to everybody
d) a GSTimeInterval (I would assume that a weekend would be preferred
by the majority)

    e.g. something like Sat 15:00 - Sun 15:00, so that you can come
earlier or depart later if interested to do e.g. hiking

e) GSSponsor(s) to support those with small budget

and ... we will have a lot of GSFun

I can volunteer to organize b)

For d) I suggest a timeframe before End of July (vacation time) or
beginning with September:
e.g.
A) 23./24. Jun
B) 30. Jun/1st. Jul