Problems with some images...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Problems with some images...
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:40:39 -0400

I think I might have found a problem with the way GNUstep handles images!  I really don't know where the problem is, but it happens in every application that uses NSImage to display (namely GWorkspace and PhotoClip).  What I wanted to do was to take a screenshot, which I did using ImageMagick's "import" command, which I saved as " test.png", and then I went ahead and cropped a small portion of it using PhotoClip, but when I saved it as "test.tiff" I got something weird.  I went ahead and attached both files (test.png, the original, and test.tiff, the cropped image).  Something similar happens if I try to view the contents of test.png in GWorkspace's Content Inspector (it creates an image that doesn't make any sense).

My goal was actually to show that GWorkspace's "use_thumbnails" default doesn't work correctly as you can see from " test.png" it only creates thumbnails for certain image files, file extension doesn't matter.  But now I think the problem might not be in GWorkspace.

Let me know if I need to explain this further as I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly, but the two images should help.

Stefan