[NSWorkspace launchedApplications] issue

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: [NSWorkspace launchedApplications] issue
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:58:00 +0200

Hi all,

as the name implies launchedApplications is supposed to return only launched applications. On MacOSX this works as expected. Under GNUstep (also with the latest release) I get the full set of installed applications (whether they are running or not).

Is there a workaround for this bug? Is see that determining this list is no easy task since it requires some kind of registration mechanism. What's the current approach in GNUstep for doing that?

I just found some GSDock sources that work ok on MacOSX but not at all under GNUstep, mainly because GSDock is based on this launchedApplications method of NSWorkspace which seems to be broken in GNUstep.

Hints are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

  Andreas