Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:08:00 +0200

Hi all,

I am using the latest GNUstep

        mkdir /usr/src/core
        cd /usr/src/core
        svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/tools/make/trunk/ make
        svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/base/trunk/ base
        svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/ gui
        svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/back/trunk/ back

(art backend) and the Etoile 0.2 release. On a Solaris x86 machine I am encoutering a very weird color problem with this combo. I thaught I had hosed up my system somehow and therefore completely reinstalled everything including Solaris. I am through with the reinstallation right now and have exactly the same problem again. The colors in all GNUstep apps are hosed, e.g. AZBackground is green, text is red where it should be black, colors are changing arbitrarily when changing the selection of text (e.g. in Typewrite or Ink)... Other non-GNUstep-apps are ok.

I doubt it has to do with Etoile since the problem persists when I do

        defaults delete NSGlobalDomain GSAppKitUserBundles

Any idea what that can be?

Thanks,

  Andreas