Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Weird color problem with GNUstep/Etoile
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:56:49 +0200

Hi all,

I doubt it has to do with Etoile since the problem persists when I do

        defaults delete NSGlobalDomain GSAppKitUserBundles

Any idea what that can be?

  Does it happen for Gorm+WindowMaker ?

I have neither Gorm nor Window Maker installe on this machine, only GNOME and Azalea. The problem occurs with all GNUstep apps even with Azalea itself. I logged into a fail save session and did nothing more than

        openapp Azalea &

Azalea is started and the fail safe terminal gets its window border as expected, but this window title is some weird green, definitely not normal.

  Then does it happen for Gorm+Azalea ?
  This can be bug in many level.
  So if you can narrow down the cause,
  it would be easier to fix.
  I suspect something is not right when converting
  X window drawing into GNUstep drawing.
  So it probably happens in GNUstep backend or Azalea.

Rather inthe backend since it occurs under GNOME as well.

  Camaelon can be another source,  but it use standard GNUstep drawing.

No, I have switched off Camaelon with

        defaults delete Camaelon
        defaults delete NSGlobalDomain GSAppKitUserBundles

and still have the same problem (but only on this x86 machine; unfortunately I have only one)!? On a SPARC machine I have other issues but not this color problem. :-(

Regards,

  Andreas