Re: problem with menus and focus follows mouse with windowmaker

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: problem with menus and focus follows mouse with windowmaker
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:27:23 +0200

On 8/13/07, Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
> I have window maker configured to activate windows with the focus follows
> mouse behaviour, I just like it that way. when I use gnustep applications,
> then the menu is floating around.
> Assume the application is started, and the main window is not overlapped
> with its menu, and maybe an xterm window is behind it. When I move the mouse
> from the main application window to the menu, and then hover over the xterm
> window, the menu disappears.
>
> To actually be able to reach the menu, I need to move one application window
> behind the menu, or remove windows from other applications behind the
> application.
>
> Do I can prevent the menu from disappearing when the application is not the
> active one?

Word of advice; don't use focus follows mouse if you plan on running
GNUstep applications. They just don't go well together. It's not only
menus that are problematic. Inspectors, palettes, font/color dialogs,
and other additional windows tend to hide themselves when the
application looses focus. OpenStep and focus follows mouse is not a
match made in heaven.

Regards,
Truls