Calculator.app: entering numbers from keyboard?

From: James Mahoney
Subject: Calculator.app: entering numbers from keyboard?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:08:33 -0500

Hey everybody,

I just compiled Calculator.app Version 1.1 from GNUstep examples version 1.2.0. I am running GNUstep compiled from Startup version 0.18.1 on Debian 4.0 'Etch' on x86.

I can click on all the number and operation buttons in the window with the mouse, and everything works fine. However, when I try to enter numbers or operation signs from the keyboard (which works in any other calculator program I've used, except EdenMath and Stepulator), all I get are beeps; the numbers or operations are not received into the program.

I guess this question applies to EdenMath and Stepulator as well, but is there any way to receive input from the keyboard in Calculator.app? Otherwise, it's pretty tiresome to mouse around to enter every number and operation.

I'm not subscribed to this mailing list, so please include me in your replies. Thanks for your time and help, and especially your time in working on GNUstep and the applications that run on it.

James