Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 10:40:31 +0100

Hi,

Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
> Le jeudi 29 novembre 2007 à 02:47 +0100, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
>
> > It turned out that my code there was wrong, _NET_WM_STATE_REMOVE and
> > _NET_WM_STATE_ADD aren't X atoms, but simple constants. After changing
> > that and adding the same setting in orderWindow::: it seems to work for
> > me. Please give the latest SVN a try.
>
> After a quick test, it works for me too, no more uneeded windows in
> gnome-panel windows list. Thanks a lot Fred.
>
> > For some most likely unrelated reason I now have problems with
> > activating a GNUstep application without windows, but this already
> > happened before this patch. I will have to take another look at the
> > activation mechanism :-(
>
> Let me know if I can help, by testing patches for example.
will that fix the SimpleAgenda startup problem I still have on OpenBSD.
I retried the latest version that you announced, together with latest gnustep
base and gui, but still that startup problem I mentioned some months ago.
I hope I find some time to try to debug that problem, as I got the port to not
strip the binaries recently ;)

Sebastian