Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Menu windows appear in window manager windows list ?
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:31:21 +0100

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 10:40:31AM +0100, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 29 novembre 2007 à 02:47 +0100, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
> >
> > > It turned out that my code there was wrong, _NET_WM_STATE_REMOVE and
> > > _NET_WM_STATE_ADD aren't X atoms, but simple constants. After changing
> > > that and adding the same setting in orderWindow::: it seems to work for
> > > me. Please give the latest SVN a try.
> >
> > After a quick test, it works for me too, no more uneeded windows in
> > gnome-panel windows list. Thanks a lot Fred.
> >
> > > For some most likely unrelated reason I now have problems with
> > > activating a GNUstep application without windows, but this already
> > > happened before this patch. I will have to take another look at the
> > > activation mechanism :-(
> >
> > Let me know if I can help, by testing patches for example.
> will that fix the SimpleAgenda startup problem I still have on OpenBSD.
> I retried the latest version that you announced, together with latest gnustep
> base and gui, but still that startup problem I mentioned some months ago.
> I hope I find some time to try to debug that problem, as I got the port to not
> strip the binaries recently ;)

Well, I guess this fix won't change your problem on OpenBSD... Could
you describe precisely your configuration:

        - OpenBSD version ?
        - how do you install gnustep dependencies ?
        - window manager ?

I'll try again to setup the same environment and help you to debug
this problem. It was hard for me to find my way in OpenBSD last time I
tried (especially to use ports) so I would love step by step
instructions to get there if you can.

Philippe
--
In some places, "lawyer" and "liar" are homonyms; in all places, "lawyer" and
"liar" are synonyms.