Re: Man-pages

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Man-pages
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 14:10:44 +0000

Hi Dennis,

These look great. One thing I'd like to suggest adding is a gnustep man page which has a quick summary of all of the commands and possible a gnustep-hier which describes the GNUstep hierarchy. The first would be useful for someone who has just installed the GNUstep package for their distribution and wants to know a bit more.

On a slightly unrelated note, what is the rationale for gopen being called gopen instead of open? I was using GNUstep for over a year before I found out that there was an equivalent of the NeXT/Apple open command.

David